Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

St. Expedite


My Personal Experience

I was out of a job recently and, I did not know what to do. I was in financial trouble. Rent payment, car loan and insurance payment were coming due. In this present time, employment is a challenge due to the current economic time. I resorted to praying. I was researching one night on google for a saint for people who are in financial trouble and, I found St. Expedite prayers and devotions to Him. He has helped countless number of people who were in distress due to unemployment and who were in financial trouble. The prayer I found online which I prayed daily to St. Expedite for his Help. The next couple of days I received calls for employment opportunities and now I am back on track again. I am employed again. I am Thankful to St. Expedite for all His help. I dedicate this blog in His name for everyone out there who are unemployed and lost hope. I have added some prayers to St. Expedite and brief history about Him as well. Pray to Him if you are encountering any difficulty in your life. He is a saint who acts fast to bring assistance. Don’t doubt his power and willingness to help you.

God Bless!

Prayer #1 - For Financial Trouble

Here is a prayer for your money emergency. The traditional way to petition Saint Expedite is to take a white and a green candle; carve your name on them lengthwise. Light the candles and continue lighting the candles and praying to him until you receive his answer. Have faith and do not doubt his power or willingness to help you.

Pray to Saint Expedite

I call forth the Power and the presence of St. Expedite in my time of financial trouble. I offer my body, heart, mind and soul upon your altar of light. I have faith and trust and complete confidence that you will be my strength in this time of need. Quickly come to my assistance.
Bring to me ____________ (Clearly express what you want, and ask him to find a way to get it to you.)
My financial need is urgent. Be my Light and Guide in this situation so that I may live with peace, love, prosperity and abundance and in the Praise of God.
Amen.

(Now promise to give Saint Expedite a specific offering If your desire is granted.)

Prayer #2 to Saint Expedite

Our dear martyr and protector, Saint Expedite,
You who know what is necessary and what is urgently needed.
I beg you to intercede before the Holy Trinity, that by your grace
my request will be granted.

____________ (Clearly express what you want, and ask him to
find a way to get it to you.)

May I receive your blessings and favors.
In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

If Saint Expedite grants your request, place fresh flowers beside his statue in your home or in the church. Also place an ad in the newspaper thanking Saint Expedite, so that his name and fame will grow.

Brief History

St. Expeditus is commemorated in the martyrology on April 18 and on April 19, but the first date seems to be a mistake (mistakes were very common in martyrologies. The only facts that seem to be certain concern the day (19 April) and the place of his death (Melitene - nowadays Malatya, Turkey); nothing can be said about the circumstances and the time of his martyrdom (someone states that he died under Diocletian, but this hypothesis is not demonstrated.
There are many theories which try to deny the existence of St.Expeditus. According to Delehaye, the word Expeditus is a wrong reading of Elpidius; someone has stated that Expeditus is only an adjective referred to a person and not a name of person; others have stated that this adjective was referred to St.Minas. All these theories are not proved, especially the ones which try to identify St.Expeditus with another saint.
There are also many versions of another legend, according to which the name Expeditus is recent and derives from the writing "Spedito" on a box containing relics of an unknown saint.
The name Expeditus has certainly caused puns, so he has become the saint of rapidity. At the beginning, he was invoked for urgent causes; afterwards, he has become the patron of dealers, sailors, students, examinees; he is also prayed for the success in lawsuits.
He is portrayed like a soldier (the Latin word "expeditus" was also the name of a category of soldiers) and, under his foot, has a crow with the writing "cras" ("tomorrow"). In Germanic countries, the saint indicates a clock, whereas in the rest of the world (especially in recent representations) he has a cross with the writing "hodie" ("today") in his hand.
The veneration of this saint, contrary to what is usually said, is not quite recent (the cult wasn't born in Germany and Sicily in the 17th century. was already developed in Turin in the middle Ages. At the beginning of the 20th century, some bishops didn't succeed in abolishing the cult of St.Expeditus


No comments:

Post a Comment